- According to Forbes, Strive Masiyiwa has become Zimbabwe's first billionaire with a fortune of $ 1.7 billion. He is a Telecom tycoon.
- The Sri Lankan government would allow women over the age of 18 to buy alcohol legally for the first time in more than 60 years.
- The Maharashtra government is planning to introduce a separate category for orphans appearing for various competitive exams.
- SEBI has banned Price Waterhouse firms from auditing listing companies in India for two years over its alleged role in Satyam scam.
- The South Australian government has approved a proposal of a US-based company to build the world's largest solar - thermal power plant.
- Mamata Benerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal received an honorary Doctorate of Literature from the Calcutta University.
- Smart Credit Card was unveiled by Card maker Dynamics Inc and mobile carrier sprint with a cell phone chip and antenna. The Card can be programmed to act as a Debit, Credit, prepaid, multi-currency, or loyalty card. The card can communicate directly with the bank for regular alerts and improved security.
- Railway Board Chairperson Ashwani Lohani has directed for reduction in the service charge for booking tour packages with the IRCTC by 10%.
- Sivan K has been appointed as the new chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). He succeeded AS Kiran Kumar.
- The UK government now has the highest number of Indian origin Ministers in the British history.
Friday, January 12, 2018
One Liner Current Affairs on 11th January 2018
Labels: current affairs one liners